The skin is the body's largest organ and accounts for roughly 18% of the weight incase of adults. It serves as a protective outer layer that keeps the moisture in and keeps the infections out. It is a protective layer and regulates body's temperature and has self healing capabilities.
The best way to maintain healthy skin is prevent skin damage from occurring in the first place- wrinkles, age spots, and leathery patches are all results of skin damages caused due to over exposure to UV radiations from the sun. However, the ageing process is unavoidable. As we age, skin becomes dryer and thinner. Stress and obesity also contribute to ageing skin. And because this is thinner it is susceptible to bruising.
Skincare Routine: Following & maintaining a healthy skin care routine always and reduce the symptoms of ageing. Basic skincare which one needs to follow-
- Wash your face regularly with a gentle everyday cleanser. The temperature of the water should be lukewarm.
- Pat dry the skin and never rub and dry the face.
- Exfoliation should be done at least twice a week to remove dead skin cells.
- Apply any form of moisturising to the skin immediately after a shower or wash.
- Wear a sunscreen with a regular SPF of at least 15, everyday and at all times.
- Maintain a healthy diet. A nutrient rich and a balanced diet.
- Hydration is the key to a healthy blood and oxygen flow to all parts of the body and makes skin healthy.
- Avoid stress
- Conduct monthly examination of your skin to analyse and check if any discolouration, or spots are appearing.
- Do not hesitate to consult a dermatologist once a year for regular skin health. And use products which suit you in a day to day basis, and are easily accessible.
In order to address your skin concerns, there are a host of products available; some suit your skin type and some should match your concerns- anti ageing, anti wrinkles, blemishes, dehydrated skin etc. All you need to know is which product to use and the correct application method; and your good to go. Then you don't need to spend much time on application of product and skincare.